All day Friday I lounged, there was no boot and I hardly moved.
My throat hurt and I was sure by 100% that I was the next case of Swine Flu and I'd make the news for sure.
Never mind that I didn't leave the house and it was highly unlikely I caught anything beyond a cold.
I drank orange juice and my favorite tea, Gypsy Cold Remedy.
Saturday my cousin and her wife came from the Netherlands and we went shopping.
We brought the scooter as I wasn't too sure about the crutches, I am getting better with them and the partial weight baring but for a long time it scares me. I really need to work on trusting my legs.
Resident Teen needed shoes as did cousin and we drove(well her wife drove) to the shoe store. I was wobbly and almost fell over.
Then we went to a posh mall, had our picture taken in front of a rather premature christmas tree set-up. Cousin insisted I lean on her and not have my scooter only to step away and leave me to almost topple over. Luckily Resident Teen was there to catch me on the left.
Then we hit one more store and at this one I managed to stand on two feet supported!
After this victory I had a few more where two feet were involved with getting up and standing up!
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around putting one foot in front of the other but this was one giant leap today so I'm hopeful by next week when I need to turn in the scooter I'll be close to mastering walking on two feet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Go Mari! Go Mari!
ReplyDelete