Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Progress, continued.

All of a sudden it seems my recovery is going with leaps and bounds.
Saturday was my first escape  outing since going to Ikea with a friend a week before.
 It was a 100% crutches experience and it at first was quite the chore. A newly renovated store had opened in town, just about the only proper retail store in our neighborhood.
The crowds were insane and the social graces matched that of the shoppers.
I don't know what is invisible about a 5'6 person on crutches with a few pounds of black boot but there I was, un-seen. Dude, that $3 towel trumps my foot?, get off it!



Sunday my cousin was in town again and we went shopping. 
This is the day I felt such a great progression had happened. I walked (thunk thunk thunk, here comes Mari) a few steps without crutches, deemed the 'exercise' too laboring and used the crutches all day.
I was less tired at night as well.
Monday I had a massage and my friend took care of my poor lower back that has not been agreeing with the lopsided gimping.


Today is Tuesday, I had given up the 'bed-rest' last week and today took care of myself and was mobile  before 8:15am.
I baked a cake, am pondering my 3rd cup of coffee and.....I got word I can ditch one crutch and start working to walking in the boot this week!
I'm having no pain, just a bit of tightness and the calf muscle is really non-existent.
It is a bit awkward to walk around like this (more thunk thunk thunk) but I can wean myself off the scooter this way.
It has served it's purpose and is going back Thursday.
Progress, I like it.




No comments:

Post a Comment