Thursday was Thanksgiving and the first day of 100% boot.
The day was so glorious and Resident Teen and I went for a walk.
A 3/4 mile walk, in the boot.
There was a lot of stopping, admiring flowers and plain stalling.
We made it to the coffee shop, got coffee and turned around to go home.
As for the dinner,traditionally we have hosted the dinner at our house but 8 weeks ago I wasn't too sure about my abilities to cook and entertain.
Our friends offered their house.
We had a delightful dinner and no cleanup for me!
Friday was a mixed bag of hanging out at my favorite yarn store and shopping.
Yes, Black Friday got a hold of my daughter and we ended up at the mall.
Terrible idea, my brain was still post operation and willing to go-go-go! But my body, my leg mostly of-course, was no-no-NO!
In the end I swallowed my pride and we borrowed a wheelchair from the mall and I got wheeled around.
Saturday was a bit calmer, we went and saw the Nut Cracker and celebrated Resident Teen's 16th birthday by having her take her friends out to dinner and a movie.
We, parental units and brother, were in the same restaurant but way different area's.
The girls saw New Moon while we went to Planet 51.
Sunday we took my friends daughter to a Christmas display.
I walked a lot and needed a few slow-downs to catch up.
Tomorrow is my first Physical Therapy, I've done a few exercises daily so I'm hoping to not be in too much trouble.
Oh, and I go back to work on Monday. For 3.5 hours.
Still not driving so for now Monday might be my only day at work as I have a ride back home that day but no rides any other days.
It will be weird to be at work again, but the day will go by much faster!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Missy, you were walking most of the time. We only wheeled you around for ten minutes tops. You did great on Friday and Sunday. Go Mari!
ReplyDelete