Monday bright and early the alarm went off at 7 am.
I was up and dressed by 7:45 while husband took Little Man to school.
Resident Teen had late start and we headed out at 8:30.
This meant my first day back at work started at 9 am, with no desk to sit at as 2 days before my surgery I had to pack up my desk to make place for someone else.
If you only work 10 hours a week you tend to be low on the totem pole where I work.
I got to work and was greeted a lot and asked many times over what happened to me.
Most of my 2.5 hours at work was spent explaining to people coming in, in detail, the surgery and the complications (or lack thereof )
Took me awhile to get hold of the building manager to get my desk reinstallation moving.
As loose as the office/workplace atmosphere is at work if you want anything done, you need to go through the building manager who also happens to be the guy who makes sure stuff is safe.
I guess it's called Risk Management?
Well he loves this part of the job and he was taking getting me a desk in my program area very seriously.
As I would be sharing the room with an active Mommy and Me program we needed to make sure both the kids and I had "privacy" and it was a safe set-up.
He left to ponder options and it became clear to me that set-up would not be on Monday so with my ride ready to go we left.
I had a delightful lunch with my friend Laura, she possesses this love for food I find very recognizable. In a healthy way, of-course.
And she is one bad @ss knitter!
As Physical Therapy was next door she offered to wait for me and give me a ride home.
Oh. Yeah. did I mention PT started on Monday?
Dr's orders: Twice a week, get range of motion back and in shoes in 2 weeks.
That alone put fear in my heart.
What if it hurt? I've broken out in a sweat just trying to get the boot on, now I was going to be seen by Igor the Terrible?
And he was going to have free reign on my foot?
Did I mention he has BIG hands and is pretty good at tweaking?
We went through the motions of measuring, interview and then he got to work.
As I was on my stomach I did not see any of the action happening to my foot.
Only once did I have a twinge, he stretched and moved the foot, "hey...where is the pain" was all I could think.
Because there was none, heck it even felt good!
The other therapist she who gives great massages, we'll call her SWGGM was next with 15 minutes of calf massage, again painless.
I was starting to feel a bit...slighted...shouldn't I feel something? Anything?
Believe me they were not gentle or super tough on me, still I was pretty happy at the lack of pain.
Consensus is that before I had a stiff foot with a lot of pain, now I'll have a stiff foot without pain.
I'll take it.
And Laura? She knitted almost half a hat while waiting for me.
Told you she is bad @ss!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment