Saturday I decided to just buy a pair of shoes a size bigger and forgo walking around in my running shoes.
Sunday was the first day I wore shoes and walked on 2 feet in 9 weeks.
As with every transition into something new I was very apprehensive and terribly careful.
I spent an hour in the shoes and then went back to the boot and later at night back into the shoes for almost 5 hours.
Without the heavy boot my right leg does not function as before, it's odd to not have the extra weight when I move the foot.
At first I could only walk around the couch, holding on to it!
But then it got better.
Can't say it is painless but that is part of the process after all.
Monday was work and PT.
We have this terrible slate covered hallway and I can tell you that slays me, big time.Most of my work today was trekking back and forth from my new desk to the old desk place.
I worked 1.5 hours, got my ride to PT.
Igor decided it was safe to up the ante and I was manually stretched a bit more than last time.
No pain, so that was good.
I had a calf massage,got new exercises, did a leg press and then it was time to hobble to the bus stop.
Now lights here are timed at 30 seconds.When I was still a fast walker with 2 normal feet I could get across with at least 10 seconds remaining. Now I'm at -4 seconds left.
There is no way you can hoof it up in a boot.
Here I am, 5 time Half marathoner trying to beat a 30 second crossing light.
Nuts!
More shoe later in the day, working on a 100% shoe day tomorrow.
Next week maybe driving?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So, the new shoes seem to be working out well. Congrats on the walking.
ReplyDeleteGail, they are rock hard. But I haven't had a shoe with a back in ages.
ReplyDelete