For the past 2 or 3 days getting up in the morning has almost been like before.
I was in the habit of putting on shoes right when I swung my legs out of bed. Walking barefoot was terrible pain and stiffness.
Those first steps were excruciating sometimes.
No matter how much PT I had with Igor before surgery, I was in pain when I slept, had a heel strap or fresh getting up in the morning.
It's a little too early probably to say but I think major improvement was made with the surgery.
The amount of bone taken off was substantial and there is more range of motion, Igor told me I was at 2% whereas I was at 0% all last year during treatment.
I have no pain when I'm resting my foot on the bed, no pain when getting up on bare feet (yes I've tried that)
And, most important, only scar pain from the strap on my shoes!
Friday marked week 11 and looking back things are moving along.
I ditched the boot over a week ago and am starting to trust my right foot more.
One of the things I must concentrate on in the week ahead is walking as 'normal' as possible.
Accept the fact I'm slow and not be afraid to move with small steps and use the whole foot.
It's tight but that is to be expected.
Friends have taken me shopping for gifts, we did decide to keep it simple this year for the kids and ourselves.
With no income from me for almost 3 months and my immobility that proved to be not a hard thing.
If I don't have it to spend and can't drive there we're set!
This weekend we'll tackle getting the tree set up, decorations put out and the car situation sorted out.
I'm still not driving but want to do that this weekend, I was advised to go to an empty parking lot and slowly drive around and practice.
It will be like old times when I first learned to drive.
We have started car shopping too, one car in the New Year is not going to work.
So far the car I had my eyes on sold right before we got to the dealership. They are looking to get me the same in red and I'm hoping it will be there today.
I'm well on my way to wheels and working feet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment