Friday, December 25, 2009

Wheels!

After the successful ride around the parking lot of the car dealership last Sunday it was time to put the show on the road again.
The opportunity to drive by myself presented itself on Wednesday.
Husband drove me to the clinic and it occurred to me I could have driven there myself as he had the day off.
I saw the surgeon and he was happy with my progress but a bit guarded at the same time. He is having shoulder surgery so I'm chalking his lack of enthusiasm up to that.
My foot still swells up to the point of uncomfortable times 10000 and I'm going to get a very sexy sock for that next week.
Right after the clinic it was time for another round of Fun with Igor aka Physical Therapy.
And my first time to drive in almost 11 weeks!
See proof!




This session of PT was a long one. Stretching, massage, ultrasound and to top it off....exercise.
I did leg presses without getting faint this time. Getting better at standing on the balance board too.
Least favorite was 20 toe raises I had to do on the leg press machine. Igor's assistant promised me that a month from now I'll be doing them on land. Little moment of light headedness passed fast luckily.

The driving was fine, a bit odd but the fact that everyone and their brother was shopping for Christmas made the road almost empty.

Another goal done, moving right along.







No comments:

Post a Comment