Week 3 came rather fast and with it Friday and the day the stitches came out!
My friend Gail drove me to the clinic and willingly took some pictures to show off some stitches!
All 15 came out without a hitch and after x-rays confirmed the bone anchor was still in place in the ankle I got recast.
Gail and I figured we'd be in for a quiet lunch and some shopping but each of us encountered mad drivers and possible worse case scenarios before we got to lunch.
In the parking garage I escaped being hit by a car first.
In front of the clinic is a little horse shoe parking space and normally I wait there for my ride to come.
But we decided I was to wait on the side of a crossing path a few feet away and Gail would get the car.
As she was rounding the corner she motioned to me and I looked towards the horseshoe only to see a white Sedan scale the sidewalk and come to as stop past where I would have waited had we not changed our minds.
The woman in the car backed up and drove off the sidewalk only to go back onto it again.
We watched in stunned silence as she then maneuvered back into the horseshoe drop-off zone after this.
Later as we were at our lunch stop and Gail was getting my scooter out of the car she looked up just in time to move out of the path of a backing up mini-van.
We decided our Karma banks were pretty empty by then.
The rest of our day passed uneventful, luckily.
Next appointment, November 2nd and then I get an air cast!

No comments:
Post a Comment