I've never seen myself as a sporty person but in 2007 I joined Team in Training and prepared for the first of my half Marathons with them.
I was having good training's and the spirit of getting fit and by doing so helping others propelled me along.
Until March 15th of 2007, I stepped off a ladder and felt a sharp pain in my heel.
I iced it, rested and went on to the San Diego Rock and Roll half Marathon on June 3rd 2007. I finished and was a Marathoner now!
But the foot never felt good after. I continued on to the San Jose Rock and Roll, trained for the San Diego event again but ended up again with the injury flaring up after a local 10k. Still stubborn I trained on and did Seattle 2 days after Thanksgiving.
By now I had burned the carpet at a local podiatrist without result.
Bursitis was his diagnosis and back to PT I went.
The new year 2009 saw me back with TEAM and in May I completed my 3rd Rock and Roll.
During my training the pain never was an issue but as soon as the running shoes came off the pain started.
I found a new podiatrist, the same who had treated me 20 years ago when I tore some ligaments, and he diagnosed me with Haglunds Deformity
After the X-rays confirmed this it was pretty clear come fall I'd be hanging my running shoes up for awhile as it meant surgery and a long period of healing.
I've had surgery now and I want to share how the road ahead is for me.
This blog is part sounding board for me, part information for who wants to read it.
It will be a long journey and I hope you'll walk a little with me along the way.
What is my ultimate plan?
I know this walking sport is it for me, it sets me free, I have time to think and can concentrate on what is important.
I want to get back and walk a Half Marathon.
When, who knows.
But it's going to happen!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment