Friday, January 29, 2010

Week 17, not feeling the love.

It's been a bit of a mixed bag week for me.

Monday Igor got my foot to 5.5 degrees, up from 4 degrees!
I also walked barefoot, very gingerly, for a few feet.
So far it feels weird but no pain.

Little Man fell ill on Monday, at first I thought it was his asthma but by Tuesday it was pretty clear it was something else.
Wednesday and day 2 of a coughing feverish kid and we were at the pediatrician.
Verdict, maybe H1N1.
Home with inhalers and no school.


Wednesday was also my 6 week check-up.
As gimpy as I am I always make ample time to get to my appointments on time so I was there 15 minutes early.
15 minutes past my time I was still not seen. In saunters a guy, he tells receptionist he is late (30 minutes to be exact) 
They told him to take a seat and 15 minutes later they call him in. So here I am 30 minutes past my visit time.
Now I'm a nice girl but the fact I was there waiting for 45 minutes by now got me a bit ticked off so I go and talk to the receptionist.
They call Dr B's nurse and she comes out.
Long story short, I would have to wait another 25 minutes and then would only have 10 minutes to talk to my DR.
Seeing as that there are some real concerns I have about my foot and the stiffness as well as the increased pain on the inside of my foot 10 minutes are not going to cut it.
Besides a 30 minute visit just turned into a 1.5 hour visit.
In the end we rescheduled for next week.

Thursday was kick-off for Team in Training and a bit of bittersweet feelings because I'm still not cleared to train.
It was great to see the rest of the 'staff' and meet new TEAM members.
I'm so excited to be an Honoree Captain this season!

Friday did bring better walking for me. 
It also meant day 4 of no school for Little Man and a diagnosis of 75% possible H1N1 or the Bacon Flu as we call it here.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment